HEATED DRIVEWAY CALGARY INSTALLATION
Tired of shoveling your driveway throughout winter!?
If you’ve been thinking about a heated driveway install for your Calgary home or property then you’ve landed on the right web page!
We’re RPG(Roy’s Plumbing & Gas), a family owned and operated Calgary plumbing and heating company. We offer a variety of hydronic heating services, including installations and repairs of heated driveway and snow melt systems.
Heated driveways and snow melt systems – your options
Typically, homeowners have two options when it comes to heating their drive ways for snow melt applications.
Heated driveway applications are either hydronic or electric in nature. But which is better?
RPG Calgary specializes in the latter, hydronic heating systems, which are on average more effective than electric snow melt systems. This is because the heat is constantly circulated through tubing, and the liquid in the tubing has a higher thermal mass than electric heater wiring and pads placed under asphalt or bricks.
A hydronic heated driveway will in general be more energy efficient than it’s electric counter-part, as it can run off your boiler or existing hydronic heating system(with modifications). This also means it costs less to maintain consistent temperature of your driveway. It’s imoportant to take in consideration the lifecycle costs of any major mechanical home upgrade, heated driveway installations included.
Radiant heated driveways typically last longer as they don’t ever get exposed to sub-zero temperatures. Not to mention, the peace of mind you get knowing family and friends can safely use your driveway during the winter when it would be icy or slippery. Save your self time shoveling, along with a host of other heated driveway benefits.
RPG Calgary offers a variety of heated driveway services including:
- Heated driveway installation(hydronic systems)
- Management for re-paving or concrete work
- Snow melt systems to extend beyond the driveway
- Hydronic heating boiler installation
- Supply of parts for heated driveway systems
- Heated driveway repairs
- Fluid flush or replacement in hydronic heating systems
- Zone temperature control for hydronic heating systems
If you are on the fence about a heated driveway installation and need someone to discuss the pros and cons, reach out to the pros at RPG Calgary. Their knowledgeable staff will weigh the pros and cons of a heated driveway installation for your home and situation. RPG is a family owned and operated company – they always have your best interests as a homeowner at heart.
Benefits of heated driveways
- You don’t have to worry about slips or falls on your driveway during winter. If you have children or elderly folks in your family this is especially important.
- A heated driveway to allot of home buyers a a considerable upgrade. Understand your home’s resale value will increase if you have on a driveway or property snow melt system installed(albeit maintained on a regular basis also).
- The hydronic radiant driveway heating system saves you money and hassle on snow removable surfaces. This is especially true if you have a large driveways, such as on an acreage or estate.
- You can reduce the damage that salts and chemicals you’d once required to melt ice would have caused. Since the driveway is maintained above a temperature of freezing you essentially don’t have to sue these road salts. This prevents damage to concrete, asphalt, and even your cars and equipment you store on your driveway.
- Generally your asphalt or concrete driveway is going to last longer as it will be maintained above 0 degrees Celsius. This means it will not be subject to as much freeze and thaw cycle that unheated driveways would be subject to.
Heated driveways when properly installed can last 10-15 years, and overall make a solid investment. Not to mention, the upgrade to your home helps with resale value if you need to sell. RPG Calgary specializes in all manners of hydronic radiant heating systems, including applications for heated driveways, parking garages, and snow melt throughout your property.
Snow melt systems are not only for driveways. Consider running snow melt hydronic piping through out patios and sidewalks around your home.
Commercial snow melt systems are typically hydronic in nature. Hydronic heated driveways are more effective and efficient than electric snow melt systems.
Heated driveways are not only for homes
Hydronic pavement or concrete heating systems are perfect for car parks, and commercial settings.
If your underground garage, car park , or other vehicle storage area has high traffic and flow throughout the winter it is imperative you look into some sort of snow melt system. This will save you operational business costs cleaning snow and give you peace of mind that no one is going to get hurt on your property due to slips on ice – avoiding potential lawsuits.
Ready to get started? Request a quote and consultation for heated driveway installation or repair services with RPG Calgary.
EMERGENCY? CALL TO GET A HOLD OF A HEATING PROFESSIONAL RIGHT NOW.
CONVENIENT ONLINE BOOKING FOR ALL YOUR HOME’S HEATED SURFACE NEEDS.
HEATED DRIVEWAYS SERVICE AREA
HEATED DRIVEWAYS AND SNOW MELT SYSTEMS FOR CALGARY AB