Considering a tankless water heater installation for your home?
A tankless water heater produces hot water on demand, which is why they are also know as on demand water heaters.
Tankless water heaters can heat your home’s water supply without the usage of an external hot water storage tank. Because you are only heating water as you need they are more energy efficient.
On demand water systems are popular in some European countries and Japan, where space is at a premium. However, the lifecyle cost savings are starting to push these systems towards wide spread usage.
Tankless water heaters hook up to your city water supply or home water tank. When you turn on a tap or shower in your home, it asks your on demand water heater for hot water. basically, your water heater will take a few seconds to heat up the necessary amount of water, only as needed for your immediate consumption. This is unlike a traditional hot water tank, which holds water hot for long periods of time, whether you need it or not.
RPG Calgary offers a variety of tankless water heater services:
- Tankless water heater installations
- Tankless water heater unit and parts supply
- Tankless water heater repairs
- Thermostat hookup
- Gas connections and valves
- Water line connections
- Pressure relief valves
- Hydronic heating applications
- Combi boiler installations
- Home assessments for tankless water heating
Like any gas powered appliance in your home, for tankless water heater install and repair, trust the services of a professional plumber / gas fitter only. You’ll ensure a safe, tidy install. RPG Calgary are experts in tankless water heater, they’ll handle install, repair, and servicing of any make or model.
Feel free to reach out for quote and consultation specific for your home or property.
Tankless water heater frequently asked questions
HOT WATER SERVICES
CONVENIENT ONLINE BOOKING FOR ALL YOUR HOME’S HOT WATER SERVICE NEEDS.
EMERGENCY? CALL TO GET A HOLD OF A HEATING PROFESSIONAL RIGHT NOW.
Tankless water heaters only run when you demand hot water of them, such as when you shower. Otherwise, they’re off, saving you costs on energy versus traditional hot water tanks.
On demand water heaters serve your hot water needs just as well as traditional tanks. Expect a 10-30 second wait for hot water when your home is served by an on demand water heater.
Benefits of a tankless water heater
In general, a tankless water heater will be more efficient than a gas water heater. With professional installation, tankless water heaters can be your all in one home hot water solution. Their are even options on the market, with dual purpose hydronic heating boiler and home hot water provisions. A tankless water heater installation is a wise choice for lifecycle savings and has potential to increase your home’s resale value.
Some other benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- Constant assurance that you will have hot water. No need to time your showers, water is heated as you need, not fed from a tank that can be depleted.
- When you install a new water heat you can rest easy knowing it will be less likely to breakdown than your old system.
- Tankless water heaters come with warranties up to 10 years, and manufacturers warranties are longer in some cases.
- They take up less physical space than a tank.
- Tankless water heaters have built in safety features that can shut down water flow if something is not right.
- You can run your tankless water heater via electricity or gas. Often, you’ll be able to use the existing gas connection to your hot water tank.
What you need to consider for tankless water heater installations
A tankless water heater is a serious investment. It’s important to understand the pros and cons of these systems. Hopefully this helps you in deciding whether or not a tankless water heater is right for your home.
- You may need a water softener system: Calgary’s water supply is known as hard water. Hard water lime and mineral build up can waive warranty of some tankless water heater systems. It’s hard on the system.
- In a power outage, you’ll be without heated water: Because a tankless water heater only supplies hot water on demand, in a power outage, you won’t have hot water stored in a tank to use as you need.
- Hot water may not be immediate: You may have to wait to be served with hot water for showers, typically about 30 seconds maximum. But this is similar to hot water tank setups in most homes.
- You’ll need a professional home assessment: To install a tankless water heater will require a full home or building assessment based on your hot water requirements. Other factors, permitting, and professional installers should be considered.
- It might not meet your needs: For allot of homes one tankless water heater will suffice. In other situations it’s possible you may require additional hot water solutions, generally if you have high hot water demand needs.
If you are struggling to make the decision of investing in a tankless water heater system for your home or business then you’ve come to the right place. RPG Calgary offers free in-home on-demand water heater quotes, request one today.
Tankless water heaters can come with advanced features. For example, remote control of your water heater system from anywhere in the world and integration with the latest thermostat and home management systems.
Are tankless water heaters cost effective?
Yes they are. That's the main benefit.
They will use more water, but energy is used only when in use. A tank water heater heats up periodically when the temperature of the water inside the tank cools down.
The lifecyle costs for a tankless water heater in a typical home application will outweigh the higher uprfront costs of installation.
That’s because tankless water heater installations costs are more than hot water tank install and replacement costs. You need take into account modifications to gas lines, water lines, and venting if you’re switching from hot water tank to an on demand system.
If you already have a tankless on demand water heater system in your home, replacement costs can actually be similar to that of traditional hot water tank replacement.
Overall you’ll need to consider the energy bill savings over the typical lifespan for a tankless water heater. With the right model you can get 15 years, of reliable energy efficent hot water supply for your home.
RPG Calgary can help you make an assessment of the costs for a tankless water heater isntallation, alongside savings you may incurr from increased efficiency. Feel free to contact us for a free quote and consultation to get started.
TANKLESS WATER HEATER SERVICE AREA
ON DEMAND WATER HEATERS FOR CALGARY AB